Monday, August 11, 2008

Reunion-24th of July

We celebrated the 24th of July with some shooting and a baseball game. My brother Jason is a "cop" so he took us out west in the middle of nowhere to practice some shooting. We were able to use some really cool guns. I have no idea what kind they are or anything like that, but some of them were pretty big. It was a little harder to keep the kids occupied for this activity, cause it was really hot with not much to do. We even tried to put a movie on in our car for the kids to watch...but after about an hour and 45 minutes the battery died in our car. Luckily there were a few of us with jumper cables, so it wasn't that big of a deal.
Setting up targets.
Loading the ammo
Peter's first!
Peter and my brother Brent

hanging out

me with Jason helping, and I think that is my brother in law Doug behind me

Janna and her husband Doug
Me and Jake watching
Peter and a little handgun with my Jim and his little boy Carter behind him.
Ashley with Doug
Peter helping Owen with a be be gun.


me shooting

Peter and Brent shooting


That night we went to the Orem Owls baseball game (a really minor league team). It is a nice SMALL stadium compared to the d-backs stadium, there wasn't a bad seat.


The kids enjoyed these huge otter pops ($1.00 each-the only cheap food you can buy) and it really cooled them off and quenched their thirst ( that sounds a little vampire-ish to me).


They had fireworks after the game that were really awesome! (please ignore the top of this stranger's head in the picture-oh and my camera sucks) That was the last event of my family reunion. It was so much fun to be together and have so many things to do together. Hopefully next time my parents will be able to join us!

1 comments:

Tina ♥ said...

Remind me not to make you mad, you look like your pretty good with a gun!