Monday, August 4, 2008

first day of school!

Today is the first day of school!
Abbey is starting 3rd grade.
Quincy is starting 4th grade.
Owen is starting Kindergarten.
Owen was a little nervous when we first got there, but we got there a few minutes early so he had time to play on the playground and that helped. When it was time to line up to go inside he was all ready to go.
I'm a little nervous about him being in all day. He seems so young for me to have to make him a lunch and send it with him to school. Hopefully he will get used to the long day and really enjoy school like his sisters. As for me, I am feeling really spoiled right now, only having one child at home with me. So far Jake hasn't asked where is brother and sisters are, let's hope it stays that way.

8 comments:

shellie said...

oh wow, your kids started school today? that seems early...are they on the year round thing? I would've freaked out if Bryson had to go all day for Kindergarted...i had the hardest time with it last year when he went into first grade. when i say hard time, i mean i was so stressed out that it made all of the muscles in my back hurt for a week. i thought i had something major wrong with me physically, but it was just mental.

Jdogger said...

Nancy I think that is awesome!! I wish my kids went all day kindergarten, But with Tyler i was sad, cause he was my baby, i bet that will be the way it is with Jake.

Tina ♥ said...

I think Owen will love it! I think everyone involved will love it. You and Jake will have some great bonding time, too! Yay! Maybe I will see you tomorrow at lunch? Enjoy the silence.....

Allison said...

They all look so cute! Do you have year round school there? We do here and our classes started last week. But they start kindergarten a week later. So Bella starts kindergarten tomorrow. (Sob sob)

Ashley said...

I love the idea of all day Kindergarten. Enjoy your extra time alone!

Amanda M. said...

your kids are so cute! Owen looks like a total stud. I can't believe you have all day kindergarten, that would be really hard, I hope he does well.

I also can't believe school has started for you, and is starting here soon, where did the summer go?

P.S. You are very spoiled, I say enjoy it!

Shauna said...

They all look adorable! Enjoy! :)

Kristen said...

I got a couple of pictures of Owen and Connor standing in the line to go in that first day! Connor loves it! Does Owen? Connor has already been talked to about talking....but look at who his mother is!?!