Friday, December 28, 2007

Video phone call...

I got a laptop for a christmas/birthday present that has a built-in webcam in it. We downloaded a program called skype so we could use it to talk to my parents (they are on a mission right now in Australia) It was so much fun to talk to them using a video phone call.
The kids had so much fun cause they could see them and all of them were crowding around to see and talk to their grandparents.
The girls thought it was so cool cause they were already in the morning of the next day. (they are 16 hours ahead of us) It's like talking to them in the future:)
This program is completely free when talking to other skype members, so it didn't cost us a thing!! I just love the internet, when my parents come home in a year, they won't be strangers to my kids.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I wish we had a webcam! That sounds like fun!

nancy said...

I think I am going to bring my laptop with me to Utah, so we can talk to them then.

Shauna said...

How fun! Isn't technology the greatest!!! That's how we talk to my family in Utah...over the internet!

Tina ♥ said...

that's cool! How fun.