Thursday, December 13, 2007

"REAL" Winter

It warmed up a little bit yesterday so Owen asked if he could go swimming. I told him that it is winter and you don't go swimming in winter. And he got so excited and said is it "real" winter? I said yes it is "real" winter(not really knowing what he meant by that). And he was so happy and was like so it's going to snow!! I had to break the news to him again that Arizona has a different kind of winter and it doesn't snow here. My poor kids really miss the snow a lot!! Our neighborhood is having a winter wonderland on Saturday where there are supposed to bring in a bunch of real snow for the kids to play with, so hopefully that will have to do.

1 comments:

Liz said...

Poor guy, I sympathize with him, I too want a "real" winter. Where I don't feel silly wearing a turtle neck, or a warm coat. Christmas just isn't the same without snow. The neighborhood will bring in a truckload of snow which is great for about less than 10 mintues because by that time the kids will have packed it into the ground so hard that you can't play with it. I hope that doesn't dampen your spirit, sorry.