Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hibiscus...

My mother-in-law's birthday is coming up so I thought I'd post a picture of her favorite flower (at least I think it is) a red hibiscus flower. Pat has (or used to have) a red hibiscus plant that she grows at her house in UTAH. Since it gets so cold there, she can't plant it in her yard so she has it in a huge pot and takes the pot indoors in the winter.

I have 2 red hibiscus plants in my front yard and yesterday I noticed that one of them had 3 HUGE flowers on them, so I thought I'd take some pictures. I'm so glad I did, cause this morning they are gone, they just don't last very long. I also have 2 pink hibiscus plants in my front yard that blooms like crazy, but the flowers are about half the size of my red ones.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Pat! We love you!
Carolee ( Pat's sister )

Ashley said...

I love seeing flowers blooming here even though it is winter!