Thursday, May 1, 2008

temple in gilbert!

We are getting a temple less than 2 miles away! I've been so giddy about it since it was announced. And even better yet, when it is finished my girls will be old enough to babysit so we can go without having to pay for a babysitter!
This is an artist's rendering of what the temple could look like, isn't it beautiful? It kind of reminds me of a mini Mount Timpanogos Temple which was built about 2 miles from my house in Utah. It was so awesome to be able to drive by it everyday on my way to high school watch it be built, watch them put the Angel Moroni on top, attend the open house and the temple dedication, and then eventually be married there. I'm so excited that my kids will be able to experience some of the same things. Hopefully we will be able to take them to the open house and dedication, you know years down the road when it will finally be finished.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so exciting! I'm jealous.

Jdogger said...

It really does look like Mt. timpanogos!

Allison said...

Beautiful, so when is it supposed to be finished? I wish I had a built in babysitter!