Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Eggs

Today we colored Easter eggs. The kids always have fun coloring the eggs, and I am always trying to hurry them up so I can clean up the mess!



My mother-in-law was here and told us about some "old school" tactics. You put a few drops of oil in the dye and swirl it around then when you put the egg in the die doesn't get on where the oil is on the eggs. Also we would lift up the egg just enough to put a drop of food coloring on it then drop it right back in and it was fun to see what kind of designs would show up on the egg. Of course it ends up turning the dye a different color than it originally was, but it was so much fun to mix it up a little bit. My sister-in-law bought a kit with glitter so of course almost all the eggs had to be glittery!

2 comments:

Jdogger said...

Your a good mom! I havent let my kids dye eggs for a couple of years now, poor Tyler misses out on everything, but it is so hard to do when Josh and Haden dont really care to anymore.

Allison said...

You are a good mom! That looks like so much fun. We are going to do that this weekend. Good ideas, I'll have to try them.