Monday, October 27, 2008

my little troublemaker...

Owen brought this paper home and told me that I needed to fill it out so he could bring it back and get a prize or something. So I read the paper and turns out they are learning about helping others. On the bottom half of the paper there is a chart where you check off each day when you help someone. I tried to explain to him that this will take a week to complete and then I will sign it and send it with him. So I gave had him help me with something, checked off wednesday and told him to put it on the fridge. I walked by the fridge just a minute ago and this is what I found.



Apparently this process is moving too slow for him....notice the parent signature line!! You might want to click on the picture to see the full size image.

Wish me luck with this kid when he gets to high school!!

11 comments:

The Cowan Family said...

I'm laughing so hard. What a cute kid!

shellie said...

smart kid! LOL...that is so funny. i love the signature.

Jdogger said...

That is one smart boy!! I remember signing things in 3rd grade, I am sure my teacher knew, but i never got in trouble for it!! My signiture got better over the years and in high school i had it perfected, so yea, you better watch out!!:)

Alison said...

Nancy (or shall I say Ms. Putguosevwa?),

I am usually a silent reader/stalker of your blog, but this post was so funny, I had to comment! I'm so glad you posted this so you'll remember it forever. SOOOO funny. I wonder what was going through his little head.... did he think you'd see the signature and think, "Oh... I already signed it. Here you go, Owen! Now, run off and get your well-deserved prize!!" LOL!!!

Oh, this is classic. Love it.

Alison

Katrina said...

That is so funny! What a smart boy - to me it looks like he was trying to spell "put groceries away". Which is what it looks like the boy in the picture is doing. Very impressive for a kindergartener!!

Liz said...

Katrina,
I think your right.
But so funny that Owen marked all the boxes.
He is so fun to see in class. He's got great handwriting.

Tina ♥ said...

That is so cute! How funny. Kids are so funny.....

nancy said...

You hit it on the nose, Katrina! After I read your comment, I showed it to him and asked him about it. "Help put groceries away" is what he was trying to write cuase that is what he helped me with. I am so proud of him for trying to write it all on his own. When I am helping him with homework, he won't try anything cause he doesn't want to mess up in front of people. I must of jumped to comclusions on a guilty conscience. :) Sorry mom. Let's just say he got lots of praises from me and hopefully this will help build up confidence in trying to learn.

Kristin said...

That is a great story. I am sure he did help out that many times! Very cute!

Allison said...

That is hilarious! Kids are so sneaky!

Kristen said...

Ya, leave it to Katrina...you know she taught my 1st 3 kids how to spell their name! Owen cracks me up! Connor forgot his paper today! He's gonna be bummed when he gets home!