Friday, July 4, 2008

my first page

For about 6 months now I have been wanting to make the switch to digital scrapbooking. Every year for mother's day, I give my mom and my mother in law scrapbook pages of the previous year for their grandkids album. My parents went on a mission in 2003, so I decided to take a break from doing the pages until they came back. After they came back, the announced that a year later they were going on another mission. All of a sudden, I was 5 years behind. This year, I made myself get caught up with my mother-in-law and did regular scrapbooking pages. And now I am going to try and digital scrapbook my mom's pages and have them done for her when she gets home from her mission in december. Yesterday, I decided to sit down and start my first page and this is what I came up with.

It took me forever to do, cause I'm not very creative and I am still learning photoshop. Hopefully the more I do, the faster I can get them done and then I can start working on my own albums! It's not fancy like the examples you see on different scrapbooking websites but I am happy with it. I'm so excited! This is scrapbooking I can actually do with little kids around.
**if you click on the picture, you can see it full size**

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute pages! I like your new blog background too! You are so good!

Tina ♥ said...

Hey, your blog looks really cute. I love your scrapbook page. It is very cute. It's nice to scrapbook and not make a mess all over the table, huh?

shellie said...

nice job! i want to start doing digital scrapbooking too, it seems so much easier.

Jdogger said...

So cute! i love the hair on the snowmen! I am sooo behind it isnt even funny, i think close to 9 years!!

Brandee said...

It looks great! Tell me how it works...do you print it out on your computer or take it somewhere? Is that a 12x12 or an 8 1/2x11?

nancy said...

It's a 12x12. I will upload it to costco.com and they will print it out for 2.99 a print. Not too bad.

Shauna said...

Great job! This has to be the best way to scrapbook with little kids! No mess!!! Keep up the good work! :)

Amanda M. said...

Super Cute!

Allison said...

Good job! I love the new look of your blog too. Very patriotic. I love digital scrapbooking but it takes me forever! I hope I get fast soon.
BTW you can print 12x36's at Costco for cheaper than printing 3 12x12's. Then just cut them into their separate 12x12.

nancy said...

thanks for the tip allison!