Monday, April 7, 2008

potty training...

Well, last wednesday I decided to take the plunge and start potty training Jake. Until today it has been SUPER stressful. That kid is the most stubborn of all my kids. The first day it took him awhile to figure out how to let the pee out but did really good. The next few days became more and more stressful. He was so stubborn and did not like the fact that there was no turning back for him and he fought me every time I would make him go. He woke up dry one morning and couldn't get him to pee till like 11:45 after making him sit on the pot for over 40 minutes screaming. That is pretty much how the last few days have been with the fighting it and crying time slowly shortening. Something has just clicked today though, every time I asked him to go, he would! And sometimes he would stop what he was doing and go running to the bathroom cause he needed to pee. I think he finally has the pee thing down!


I wish I could say the same for the poop. You see, he is a boy and has a big brother and a daddy that stands up when they pee, so that is what he does. I don't think he understands yet that you just can't stand up and poop. Three times he has run to the bathroom without me knowing to poop, stands where he would stand to pee and poop on the floor! It is driving me nuts! I guess I should be thankful that he is recognizing that he needs to go, right?

2 comments:

Allison said...

That is so crazy! I am potty training Ethan this week too! We are having opposite problems. Although, Ethan did just have a BM but it wasn't on the toilet. I talked to the nurse at our peds office and she said that boys have a harder time going #2. I think it scares them. I'll keep you and Jake in our prayers and you do the same! ;)

PS bananas work to block em up.

Melissa said...

That just makes me laugh thinking of sweet little Jake standing in front of the toilet and pooping on the floor! He is so cute and funny! It won't be long now before the Chatwin home has no more diapers!!!!