Tuesday, December 1, 2009

introducing baby Kyle...

Kyle Mack Chatwin
November 25th, 2009
11:19 pm
7 pounds 10 ounces
20.5 inches long



It took over a minute for the nurses to finally get Kyle to start breathing on his own...the longest, scariest minute in my life! Then after that I was able to hold him for 2 minutes and they took him away to the "special needs nursery". I wasn't able to see him for over 3 hours later (another long 3 hours), but was informed on my way to my room that he had moved to the normal nursery, which meant he was doing just fine. So a little bit of a scary start, but is now completely healthy.


No kids were allowed to visit the hospital, but they were able to come up to our window and see him. I was a little sad not to be able to get a family picture at the hospital, but I absolutely love this picture. The kids were so excited to be able to see their new baby brother.
Finally eyes open...barely.

Proud daddy!
This baby has been such a blessing to our family. Words cannot express...

24 comments:

Jdogger said...

Nancy, he is soooo cute! I love that first picture of him! He has so much hair, it is killing me not being able to see him!

The Cowan Family said...

Wow....he is just a beautiful baby!! And the picture of the kids looking through the window is priceless. Five kids....I can't believe it!

Kelly Hill said...

congratulations! i'm so happy for all of you. he's a doll.

Blackham Family said...

He is adorable. Congrats Nancy we are so happy for you.

Melissa said...

Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!!!!! He is so beautiful!!!!! We can't wait to meet him!!!

Kristin said...

What a beautiful baby! Nothing as precious as a newborn... Congratulations!!!

sarah marie. said...

congratulations..she's beautiful!

Jaclyn said...

What a cute first baby picture of him! Happy for you guys and that all is well now!

Gary and LaRee said...

Wow! He is so cute!!! We are so excited to be able to come to Az this week end. Can't wait to hold Kyle and see all of you!!!

Carly Nichols said...

He is so sweet and cute name!

Ashley said...

What a handsome little dude!!! I love his hair! I wish I could come visit you!

mckymdnss said...

Nancy, he is so dang cute! I wish I could hold him! There is nothing like a newborn baby! Such a great spirit in the house. Congratulations!

Oh, and you looked pretty darned good in your "fat tummy" photos. Looks like you'll bounce back pretty quickly.

Tina ♥ said...

Congrats, he is sooo adorable!!! I can't wait to hold him. I'm so happy for your family.

I know how you feel, that's how I felt with Hunter. I've loved every second. It helps having the little gap! Enjoy your sweet new little baby!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's so handsome!

Kyle and Sarah said...

Such a cutie! Congrats again Nancy!

Amanda M. said...

He is so stinkin' cute! Congrats! I hope you are feeling well, take care.

Shauna said...

Congratulations! He's adorable! I think he looks a lot like Jake!

sally said...

welcome to the 5-kids-club! congrats! enjoy your christmas baby boy, just like mary...awesome!

liz said...

Nancy he is adorable. Sure wish I could come and see him. maybe some day I will. Your little family is just cute. You look great also. Love aunt liz

JackandJaneyNichols said...

OH, he's a pretty baby, and I like his name too. Jill did the same thing, took awhile to start breathing. It is scary, I'm glad all is well. And I hope to meet Kyle soon, I'm here in AZ, but wanted you and your family to enjoy him without your crazy aunt coming around. Congratulations!!!

Allison said...

He is beautiful! I love his hair! Congrats to you and Peter!

sarah marie. said...

oh my gosh i am so sorry about writing "she's beautiful"! i knew it was a boy and meant to say he's beautiful obviously. my brain is gone since i had oscar. sooo sorry!

Katrina said...

Congratulations Nancy! He is so adorable! I LOVE the picture of your kids looking through the window - good thing you were on the 1st floor!:)

Dina said...

Congratulations!