Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patricks Day!

For St. Patricks Day I went with some friends to the "green fountain." In Fountain Hills, Az they have this huge fountain that put green dye in at noon on St. Patricks Day. This fountain was super huge and it was at a nice park, so it was a great place to let the kids play. For me it was a great place to people watch. I did not realize that lots of people really get into this holiday.
Here it is when it was just starting to turn green.
Here is the fountain really emerald green. It was actually really pretty to watch.

Here are a couple of pictures of my favorite people to watch. If I was really brave I would of gone over there and asked them to pose for me. But I'm not.


We really had lots of fun. Thanks Liz for telling us about this place, hopefully we will turn this into a yearly tradition.

11 comments:

Jaclyn said...

How cool! I totally would have gone if I had ever known about it.

Phil and Kierstin said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I didn't even get into St. Patricks day this year - I didn't even wear green, but I had to threaten my kids if they pinched me:)

JackandJaneyNichols said...

We saw some people that looked almost the same here! Must be the Irish...

Shauna said...

I was thinking about this yesterday and was wishing I could've gone! Glad it was fun for you and the kids!

Jdogger said...

Oh man, i wish i was with you, i love to people watch! i might of been brave enough with you with me to pose for a picture with those people, even the dog was in green, that is so awesome!!

Ashley said...

How fun! I wish we had something like that here!

Amanda M. said...

That is really cool, and I love the pictures you took, even better that they are not posing!

Kristi said...

I love that place but I haven't been in a long time. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm with you on the people watching....I Love It!

Tina ♥ said...

Glad you guys got to go. It's a fun tradition to start. It's a good excuse to do something a little different, and get outdoors. Love that guys outfit.

Liz said...

Count me in with you guys again in next year. I had a good time.

Carly Nichols said...

Awesome...that looks like it would have been so fun!