Monday, March 30, 2009

Goalie

Quincy told her coach last week at practice that she wanted to play goalie. On Saturday she told me about it and said she was very nervous about it so at the game she told the coach she changed her mind. The coach ended up putting her in anyway for the 4Th quarter. Probably because they were up 4-0 so it was a good time for her to try it out without so much pressure. She did a really good job and only had to get the ball twice.
Her team pretty much dominated the whole game, so this is what she looked like most of the time...a little bored, but super cute. I was really impressed with her though. I was watching her when the ball would start to make it's way down to her end and she totally looked like she knew how to play goalie. She does play goalie at recess a lot, just never in a real soccer game. I just can't get over how exciting these games are for me to watch now. They have finally reached that age where they are playing as a team and know their positions.

4 comments:

Amanda M. said...

She does make a cute goalie! I love the picture of Owen screaming on his bike, I can picture Carson doing the same thing when we take his off. Ha.

Katrina said...

Way to go Quincy! Soccer is so much more fun to watch than I thought it would be - especially when your kids are playing!

Kristen said...

Yep, never thought I'd be a soccer mom! Yet here I am! We get soooo in to it! It's fun! Go Quincy at Goalie! That's a harder position than I think the girls realize...alot of standing around for sure, but when the ball comes thier way, double the pressure!

Jdogger said...

I would never want to play goalie, so stressful! Way to go Quincy!! I can just hear you cheering your girls on!!