Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Half Marathon.

Peter and I have been training for the last 12 weeks for a Half Marathon. Neither one of us has ran one before and thought we'd try it. I wanted to do it to get me into shape, and that it did. I lost 11 pounds training for it. I only limited what I ate for the first couple of weeks and then the holidays kicked in. I think this is the first time I've lost weight over the holidays instead of gaining. Last weekend we went to St. George, UT and ran in the Painter's Half Marathon. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I didn't push myself too hard in fear that my body would give out and not finish but I actually think I could of ran longer. It gave me such a high afterwards that I think I am now addicted to running...race running anyway.

My cousin Scott and his wife Elizabeth, Peter and I, my Uncle Dennis, and my brother Jeff.
Jeff approaching the finish line...1 hour 23 minutes 19th place overall!!

Peter approaching the finish line...1 hour 54 minutes.

Peter

Me....2 hours 4 minutes.
Can I just say the sense of accomplishment is amazing! I'm looking forward to next year and hoping to get my time under 2 hours.

13 comments:

Jdogger said...

Nancy, i am so proud of you guys! it seriously is a great accomplishment, maybe, just maybe i will join you next year?

shellie said...

congrats you guys!

JackandJaneyNichols said...

I am very very very impressed!!!! And you look great! xoxox

Tina ♥ said...

Good job, that's awesome!!! You do look great, too.

Kristi said...

That is an awesome accomplishment! I think I would've died about 15 min. into it! Way to go!

The Cowan Family said...

Amazing! You both looked great at Christmas...you inspired me to start running again. It was great to see you!

Amanda M. said...

Nancy you look great! I am so proud. You have inspired me to get back into running. Way to go!

Liz said...

You must be so proud of yourself, I would be. You did in great time too.

Ashley said...

I can't believe you lost weight during the holidays! That's awesome!

Kelly Hill said...

That's so incredible. I'm proud to know you both! Way to go.

sally said...

is this the same nancy that i went to school with??? i thought we hated to run! way to go!

Allison said...

Woo Hoo! Awesome! What was your time Nancy? Peter did great. You both looked great at the race. You HAVE to run Hobblecreek at the end of August. It is THE best half in Utah. You'll cut 10 minutes off your time easy. I'm so glad you're addicted to running!

Katrina said...

You are so awesome! Congratulations - how fun to be there with your family too! Looks like your kids are having fun with their new trampoline too!!