Saturday, October 27, 2007

SUPER LONG HOT SATURDAY!!

Peter's brothers and dad flew in late Thursday night for a guys weekend. Their plans were to golf and just hang out. Then at the last minute they decided to go to Rocky Point Mexico for the weekend. It is only a 3 1/2 hour drive to a beautiful little beach resort city. Not only have I been super jealous (the beach is my favorite place to vacation), but that left me alone taking all the kids to their soccer games.
***PRIZE WINNING BANNER***

In AYSO the teams usually have banners made. I ended up volunteering to make Abbey's and Owen's. They also have a banner contest in each division. I found out today that Owen's banner won his division. They get prize money to use towards their soccer party at the end of the season. I only volunteered because I loved the banners when I was playing soccer a long, long, time ago. And now I am super proud of my banner cause other people like it too! I will eventually post a picture of the banner I made for Abbey's team when I finally take a picture of it. (Abbey's isn't as good. They are the red dragons and dragons are really hard to make!)

We had a about 45 minutes in between two games so I let the kids play at the park for a little bit.

My girls are such sweet sisters!! They are pushing their brothers in the swings, so I can relax and stay in the shade.

I didn't get any pictures of them playing today, Jake was super whiny so all my time was spent trying to keep him happy.


Right after Quincy's game we went to a Halloween carnival in our subdivision that our HOA put on. I felt like we had to go cause the food, games, bounce houses were all free (or at least paid for with our HOA dues). They were supposed to dress up in their costumes, but I am a procrastinator and am not finished with them yet. Plus I think I don't have the time during the day like I used to. So I used the excuse that we came straight from their soccer games and called them "soccer player" costumes.





It was super hot today and there is not much shade. As we were eating hot dogs, Jake insisted on sitting on my lap to eat and dropped his hot dog which resulted in ketchup all over my pants and shoelaces. So after about an hour and sunburned skin I had all I could take. The kids got upset when I said that is was time to go, but had to remind them that they were lucky I took them at all! I am trying to teach my kids to be grateful for what they were able to do while they were there and not focus on the leaving early part. Any advice??!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No advice...just let me know what the trick is when you figure it out!

Ashley said...

That banner is awesome! How did you make it?

Allison said...

I think you are such an awesome mom! The only advice I ever give is to read love and logic...