Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cancun, Mexico

To celebrate our anniversary this year we decided to do something big before our family gets even bigger. Peter took charge and planned everything. It was so nice for me to not worry about any of the planning...for some reason that part really stresses me out. The kids stayed with his brother in Mesa and had a great time. They felt like they were on vacation as well with a pool in the backyard and a dog to play with. We went to Cancun, Mexico on the 27th of may and stayed for 4 nights. Our anniversary isn't till the 13th of June, but I didn't want to be as less pregnant as possible for our trip!



The ruins in Tulum


Xel-ha - we didn't swim with the dolphins but watched a few people do it. We'll have to do that next time. We went snorkeling which we love to do. I don't have any pictures of that because they were taken with a disposable waterproof camera and need to be taken to get developed (the old fashioned way). I will post some later.

I love the fact that Iguanas are everywhere. They are so fascinating.

The view from our balcony in our room.

We had so much fun and were a little sad that it went by so fast. Hopefully one day we will be able to take the kids, they would love it.
Thanks for the wonderful vacation babe! I love you so much and am looking forward to many more wonderful anniversaries!


13 comments:

Jdogger said...

I love all your pictures and i have always wanted to go to Mexico, now after seeing how pretty it is, I have to go!!

Bob and Debbie said...

Seeing everyone post vacation pictures is making me jelous.
It looks like fun. I can't wait for Rachel to get big enough for Bob and I to go away together again!!! You were so smart to go now!!

Jaclyn said...

How fun!

Liz said...

the water looks beautiful! glad yiu enjoyed your vaycay

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see the under water ones!!! Looks like a beautiful place.

JackandJaneyNichols said...

I had no idea how pretty it is there and now I want to go there! Great pictures and happy anniversary! You both look great! love ya

shellie said...

WOW!! It looks like you guys had so much fun and I'm jealous.

Shauna said...

Sounds lovely! Glad you guys had fun!

Gary and LaRee said...

Happy Anniversary!!! How big is the iguawna (sp)? It looks scarey especially if it is really big. Glad that you had a good time.

Katrina said...

Great pictures!! Happy Anniversary! What an awesome trip! My boys would love to see those iguanas (me not so much - the geckos in the backyard are enough!)

Tina ♥ said...

Glad you had a great time. It looks so beautiful there. I didn't know there were iguanas there! Happy Anniversary!

Amanda M. said...

I am so jealous! That looks like so much fun.

Somehow I have missed your posts. Congratulations on the baby on the way!

Kristen said...

OK-So I'm not letting Kevin read this blog! He served his mission in Cancun! He has wanted to take me there ever since we got married! I am not a fan of leaving the country...so he's out of luck! But it looks like alot of fun!! The water is sooo beautiful there!